Our online training modules will prepare you with the knowledge and skills to configure a dataset and provide you with an overview of how each configuration option works.
The course will guide you through a logical sequence to configure a new dataset or refine an existing dataset.
This course will give participants an understanding of how to optimise and configure Content Manager to better support their organisational processes and requirements.
- Administration users of Content Manager
- Power users with administration rights in Content Manager
- Staff who need a refresher on administration tools
27-30 November 2017. See dates and times for each module below.
- Each module will take 2 – 3 hours
- Experience in using Content Manager / Records Manager
- Knowledge of internal business processes
- Internet access
Training Modules & Course Content
The Administration Course has been split into modules, which can undertaken in sequence or individually as needed. Prices listed are per module.
Module 1 - Security and Users
November 27, 8am - 11am WST (GMT + 8) (3 hours) $300
- Protection of information. Creation, maintenance and deletion of security levels and caveats
- Location security linkages with access controls
- Hierarchical structure, establishing user types and setting up organisations, positions and people.
Module 2 - Retention schedules; Classification and Thesaurus
November 28, 8am - 10am WST (GMT + 8) (2 hours) $200
- Understanding and setting up elements of retention schedules including the archive and destroy triggers and the purpose of the retention holds
- Purpose of classification schemes and creating classification top level with parent child relationships
- Examining the difference between classification titling and thesaurus titling
- Creating top terms and related terms.
Module 3 - Record types; Additional Fields and Lookup Sets; and Automated Part Rules
November 28, 11am - 1pm WST (GMT + 8) (2 hours) $200
- Creating user defined fields to capture additional information
- Available record type formats
- Creating record types and designing data entry forms
- Establishing automated part rules for the creation of new records.
Module 4 - Action tracking, Reports & Statistics, Alerts and User Labels
November 29, 8am - 10am WST (GMT + 8) (2 hours) $200
- Understanding action tracking to trace the flow of records and tasks
- Creating actions and procedures
- Designing report layouts
- Understanding statistic reports
- Understanding alert behaviour
- Creating, modifying, suspending and removing alerts.
Module 5 - CM System Options, Global Settings & Customisation
November 29, 11am - 1pm WST (GMT + 8) (2 hours) $200
- Understanding the system options and behaviours to configure Content Manager to suit your organisation
- Setting up and implementing global settings for your organisation.
Module 6 - Searching
November 30, 8am - 10am WST (GMT + 8) (2 hours) $200
- Exploring and understanding the different search methods: Simple, Boolean, string, content, parameter
- Perform simple search functions and navigate between files and documents
- Perform advanced (Boolean) searches (and/or/not and brackets)
- Sorting / filtering options, preview and print searches
- Use of the multiple field search form
- Creating saved searches for the individual and the group.
Module 7 - Emails, Check in Styles and Document queues
November 30, 11am - 1pm WST (GMT + 8) (2 hours) $200
- Understanding Content Manager tab within Outlook
- Creating email templates
- Exploring check In styles behaviour
- Understanding and creating document queues.
For more information or to register, please contact us on 08 6230 2213 or email email@example.com