City of South Perth
The City of South Perth with Information Proficiency undertake a successful HP TRIM implementation
• Case Study Download
City of South Perth
Implement a compliant Electronic Document Records Management System (EDRMS) within an agreed time frame. The agreed EDRMS must have user friendly interface which is easily navigated by the end user.
Implementation of HP TRIM
- Meeting regulatory compliance: non-compliance exposes the business to financial penalty, legal and operation risk and cost;
- Ability to leverage information improves staff productivity and drives business efficiencies and service to the end user;
- Compelled by increasing volumes of information, secure access to the right information at the right time enables better use of information and ability to respond to legal discovery and audit.
The City of South Perth is a Local Government Area in the inner southern suburbs of the Western Australian capital city of Perth. The City covers an area of 19.9 square kilometres, maintains 203 kilometres of roads and a little over 4.3 km² of parks and gardens, and has a population of about 38,500 (2006).
The City of South Perth had a legacy RECORDS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, ‘InfoVision’, which was used to manage the existing physical and electronic records collection owned by City of South Perth. Information Proficiency was contacted to assist with the implementation of a compliant Electronic Document Records Management System (EDRMS).
The Information Proficiency Solution
The solution was to implement 'HP TRIM'. The planned implementation focused on the configuration and delivery of the solution and the rollout of HP TRIM to approximately 160 users. This solution was combined with a TRIM Explorer user interface to improve usability. HP TRIM also allowed South Perth to integrate with a number of existing information systems. With targeted training performed by Information Proficiency HP TRIM became the ultimate reason for productivity increase within City Of South Perth.
The Primary Objectives
- Implement & Configure HP TRIM Production & Test
- Deploy Electronic Document Management to users including: e-mail management, MS Office integration, Windows Explorer integration
- Migration of ‘Infovision’ legacy data into HP TRIM Production Database
- Integrate with existing systems (Authority, Intramaps)
- Train users in e-mail management, MS Office 2010, Kapish Explorer and HP TRIM