Liverpool Plains Shire Council
Implementation of Content Manager 9.1 EDRMS
October 2017 – November 2017
• Case Study Download
Liverpool Plains Shire Council (LPSC)
NSW Local Government
Liverpool Plains Shire Council had an aging EDRMS solutions which no longer had a vendor. The council needed to upgrade to a newer system which was the best fit for the shire.
- Replace existing EDRMS which was no longer supported; and
- Ensure new EDRMS integrates with other lines of business systems.
- Software implementation and licencing;
- Staff training;
- Process refinement;
- Data migration; and
- Support help desk.
Centrally located in north-west New South Wales and strategically nestled in the foothills of the Great Dividing Range, Liverpool Plains Shire is an isolated rural council with about 80 staff.
Liverpool Plains Shire Council had an aging EDRMS solution which no longer was fit for purpose. The council explored alternative solutions looking for a more modern and flexible solution, eventually settling on Content Manager v9.1.
The main challenge was to implement Content Manager with minimal disruption to Council business. It was important that the implementation included integrated with other line of business systems, process refinements, and staff training. Additionally, the solution provided mobile workforce support and migration from legacy systems.
The Information Proficiency Solution
Information Proficiency was chosen for this project as a result of demonstrated experience in designing similar solutions, implementations, integrations, migrations, training, support and knowledge of other line of business systems. All this combine presented value for money, and compatibility with Council objectives.
- The new EDRMS is better suited for the type of use the organisation requires;
- The solution supported improved compliance and process;
- Improved access to information for staff and customers;
- Improved processing times and reduced bottle necks in process flows and distribution of the council’s records; and
- Integration with other line of business systems allowing for improved data sharing between systems.